There are numerous reasons why Kingston is a great place to visit, live and work, and do business. If you are considering starting or relocating your company to Kingston, it's also important to think about life outside of the office. Kingston is well known for the enviable lifestyle our residents benefit from.
- Waterfront amenities - we're the freshwater sailing capital of the world
- Vibrant downtown arts and entertainment district with leading art galleries, theatres, symphony and major concert venues
- One of few Ontario cities with a progressive family physician recruitment and retention program (over 10,000 Kingstonians were rostered with a family physician in 2009)
- Short commute times with median commuting distance of 6km
- Urban green spaces, provincial and federal parkland and UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve
- Heritage and culture abound as Canada's newest World Heritage Destination
- Lower cost of living and more affordable real estate than larger, urban areas
- Access to universities and colleges and their related libraries, sport and cultural facilities
The list of unbeatable lifestyle choices and first-class amenities available in Kingston is endless. For more information on living and working in Kingston, please visit our Live & Work site.